NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE PETER SNOW MEMORIAL AWARD 2022
The Peter Snow Memorial Award celebrates Peter Snow’s contribution to rural communities as well as recognising an individual for their outstanding contribution to rural health in either service, health research or innovation.
An individual can be nominated for either an Innovation or Service or a Research Project related to rural health in New Zealand.
To be eligible for the award nominees must:
- Have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence;
- Be a current or retired New Zealand registered medical practitioner or nurse/or be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate medical or nursing education programme;
- Have completed individually (or as part of a team) an innovation project and/or service related to rural health in New Zealand;
- Submit a report outlining the innovation or service that has been completed in the two years prior to the closing date for applications;
- Be nominated by two peers.
An independent selection panel will consider applications. The panel reserves the right not to offer the award if it deems that applications do not fulfill the selection criteria for the award, however NZRGPN executive members will encourage the nomination of peers. In the event that no nominees are received, then the NZRGPN executive may make nominations.
An innovation or research project should:
- be related to rural health in New Zealand and address current and or important issues
- add to the body of knowledge on rural health issues in New Zealand
- be evidence based and ethical.
Submit a nomination
Submit your nomination application here
To nominate an individual for this award, you must submit an online application form.
Nomination applications should include:
- a description of the innovation, service or project
- a review of the literature if appropriate
- clear description of methods
- include evidence or testimonials
- clear description of how the service, innovation or project has impacted on rural health.
If you would like to include an additional letter of recommendation or support in your application, please email this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominations close Monday 28 February 2022.
Announcement and presentation of the award
The award will be presented at the National Rural Health Conference in September 2022.
It will also be announced in the NZRGPN newsletter and on our website.
Presentation of paper at Conference
It is expected that the recipient of the award will present a paper at a future conference based on their project or service.
Read more information about the Peter Snow Memorial Award and previous winners here.