With the new Social Security Act 2018, Nurse Practitioners will be able to provide medical information for a wider range of MSD services. Some terms we use will also change.
New Social Security Act 2018 – Ministry of Social Development (MSD)
- The Social Security Act 2018 comes into effect on 26 November. It replaces the Social Security Act 1964.
- The new Act won’t change the amount and conditions of people’s benefits and entitlements.
- The Act will introduce some new words such as:
- ‘health condition’ instead of ‘illness, sickness and medical condition’
- ‘everyday functions’ instead of ‘normal functions’.
These two changes are aimed at making our language more inclusive.